Phased Temple Reopening Plan - ISKCON Boston
Hare Krsna ! Please accept our humble obeisances! All glories to Srila Prabhupada !
As local COVID 19 conditions improve, we are happy to share a brief phased plan for reopening our ISKCON Boston temple.
The safety of all devotees continues to be our top priority and the phased approach has been planned to accommodate the health and safety of temple residents, community members, volunteer availability, logistical support and government guidelines for the City of Boston.
- Phase 1 : Starting May 29th, Darshan timings have been extended. Devotees can visit the temple from 2pm to 5pm on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) on a first come, first serve basis. No prior registration is needed. There is no time limit for darshan, however in case of many waiting devotees or a queue, we request visitors to limit darshan to 5 minutes to enable us to serve other devotees as well.
- Phase 2 : From the end of June, completely vaccinated devotees (who received all doses prescribed by the vaccination protocol) would be invited to perform assigned services
- in the temple ( Pujaris, prasadam cooking and garland services).
- Phase 3 : Sunday Feast - will be organized in July with limited capacity. More details about registration for the Sunday feast will be shared soon.
- Phase 4 : Sri Sri Radha Gopivallabha 50th anniversary and other festival celebrations- Our festival team is evaluating and planning for ways to include a mix of online and in - person celebrations for upcoming festivals. More details about festival participation, registration etc. will be shared soon.
To safeguard the health of temple residents ( Few temple residents are yet to complete the vaccination protocol) and for all our community members we still request all visiting devotees to :
- Wear a mask at all times in the temple
- Physical social distancing ( min 6ft apart)
- If you or any member of your household has, within the past 14 days,
- been diagnosed with symptoms that could potentially be a COVID-19 infection,
- or has tested positive for COVID-19,
- or come in contact recently with another person who has tested positive for COVID-19
- We urge individuals who are still not fully vaccinated (due to health reasons or children) to strictly adhere to all safety protocols
We look forward to welcoming you back to your temple and hope you will appreciate the steps we have taken to safeguard the health of our guests and residents. If you would like to share any suggestions, please write to us at email@example.com